Amber Degryse, MD
Amber Degryse, MD graduated first in her class from the University of South Florida, College of Medicine. After medical school, she followed up with a residency and fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. She has dedicated many years to research in the area of lung repair with a focus on interstitial pulmonary fibrosis. Her research has been published in multiple top medical journals including The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine and the American Journal of Physiology, Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology. Her research has been presented at national and international conferences. Dr. Degryse decided to leave academic research to pursue her true love, patient care. She is one of our interventional pulmonologists and is one of the few doctors in the area performing Endobronchial Ultrasound.
Dr. Degryse’s other passions include animal rescue, traveling and exercise.
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Tennessee
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Tennessee
- Doctor of Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Florida
- Board Certified, Internal Medicine
- Board Certified, Pulmonary Medicine
- Board Certified, Critical Care Medicine
- Member, American Thoracic Society
- Member, Tennessee Medical Association
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Florida Medical Association
- Member, American Medical Student Association