Stephanie Eaton, MD
In addition to pulmonary diseases, Dr. Eaton has special interest in critical care medicine. She is currently the Administrative Director of Pulmonary & Critical Care at Northside Hospital. Dr. Eaton also has an active role in Medical Staff leadership at Northside. Dr. Eaton has a passion for clinical research and is very involved in the research teams at Northside Hospital as she works to expand pulmonary and critical care research in the hospital system and in the PCCA office.
Dr. Eaton enjoys the complexities of critical care and pulmonary medicine. She loves the interactions she has with patients and feels it’s important learn about her patient’s lives and health goals. She wants each of her patients to know she considers them part of her family.
When Dr. Eaton is not working, she loves to spend her time hiking, gardening and traveling with her children. She also enjoys playing the piano.
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Emory University, Georgia
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Emory University, Georgia
- Doctor of Medicine, University of California, California
- Board Certified, Critical Care Medicine
- Board Certified, Pulmonary Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Member, American Thoracic Society
- Member, American College of Chest Physicians
- Member, Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American College of Physicians
University of California, Irvine
- Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Achievement Award, 1996
- Gustave D. Suffin Clinical Medicine Award, 1996
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 1996
- The Academic Excellence in Basic Science Award, 1994
- Lange Medical Publications Award Outstanding Achievement in Basic Sciences, 1994
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists Award Academic Excellence and Achievement, 1994
- Irving M. Reingold, M.D. Prize in Pathology, 1994
- Donald E. Pinder, M.D. Memorial Scholarship for Anatomy, 1993
Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Outstanding Technical Contribution Award
- Edwards Critical Care Division, 1993
- Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, 1987
- Outstanding Freshman Engineer Award, 1987
- Vice President, Society of Women Engineers, 1988
- American Thoracic Society, 1999 – Present
- American College of Chest Physicians, 1999 – Present
- Society of Critical Care Medicine, 1999 – Present
- American Medical Association, 1996 – Present
- American College of Physicians, 1996 – Present
Eaton S, Burnham E, Steinberg KP, Hudson LD, Parsons PE, Moss M.
Direct Lung Injury is Associated with an Increased Incidence of the Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) in Septic Patients. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2001; 163(3): A448.
Burnham E, Brown LAS, Eaton S, Moss M.
Prolonged Glutathione Deficiency and Increased Total Protein Concentrations in the Epithelial Lining Fluid of Chronic Alcoholics. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2001; 163(3): A816.
Wong DH, Eaton S, Clack S.
Accuracy of Continuous Non-Invasive Blood Pressure Measurement at High and Low Blood Pressures. Critical Care Med 1994 22:A19.
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
Moss M, Parson PE, Steinberg KP, Hudson LD, Guidot DM, Burnham EL, Eaton S, Cotsonis GA.
Chronic alcohol abuse is associated with an increased incidence of acute respiratory distress syndrome and severity of multiple organ dysfunction in patients with septic shock. Critical Care Med 2003;31(3):869-77.
Martin GS, Mannino DM, Eaton S, Moss M.
The epidemiology of sepsis in the United States from 1979 through 2000. New Engl J Med 2003;348(16):1546-54.
Martin GS, Eaton S, Mealer M, Moss M.
Extravascular lung water in patients with severe sepsis: a prospective cohort study. Critical Care 2005;9:R74-R82.
Eaton S, Martin GS.
Clinical Developments in Treating ARDS. Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs 2002;11(1):37-48.
Eaton S and Moss M.
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. In: Pulmonary/Respiratory Therapy Secrets 2nd ed, eds PE Parsons, JE Heffner. 2001.
Ferris SE, Konno M.
In-Vitro Validation of a Thermodilution Right Ventricular Ejection Fraction System. J Clin Monit 1992;8:74-80.
Spinale FG, Zellner JL, Mukerjee R, Ferris SE, Crawford FA.
Thermodilution Right Ventricular Ejection Fraction Catheter Positioning Effects. Chest 1990;98:1259-1265.
Preliminary Pulsatile Flow Bench Validation of a Thermodilution Right Ventricular Ejection Fraction System. Intensive Care Med 1988;14:458-460.