Venkatesh Lakshminarayanan, MD, PhD
Venkatesh Lakshminarayanan, MD, PhD, is affectionately known to his patients as Dr. L. He has extensive experience in internal medicine and pulmonary/critical care. He has published his research numerous times and has presented his work across the country at some of the most esteemed symposiums. Dr. L is the director of the Interventional Pulmonary Program at Northside Hospital. His interests in pulmonary medicine include asthma, occupational lung disease and interstitial lung diseases. He is skilled in various pulmonary procedures including flexible bronchoscopy, bronchoscopy with endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) and placement of PleurX drainage catheters drainage of recurrent pleural effusions.
While Dr. L loves lung physiology and research, he longed to see the innovations discovered in research applied to patients, so he made a transition to patient care. Through residency and in practice, he has been able to see how research is applied to patient care. He is excited to know that through pulmonary and critical care medicine he is able to apply his scientific background with the chance to provide top-notch patient care.
Even though each patient has different needs, the one common thread among all of his patients is communication; and to Dr. L, this is of the upmost importance. To him, it’s key for his patients to understand the “what and why” of diagnosis and treatment. He wants to make sure each patient understands their diagnosis and works with the patient to make sure their health goals are achieved.
- Fellowship, Pulmonary/ Critical Care, University of Missouri, Missouri
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Yale University, Connecticut
- Resident Physician, University of Nevada, Nevada
- Doctor of Medicine, Rush Medical College, Illinois
- Doctor of Philosophy, Rush Medical and Graduate College, Illinois
- Board Certified, Internal Medicine
- Board Certified, Pulmonary Medicine
- Board Certified, Critical Care Medicine
- Diplomate, American College of Physicians
- Member, American College of Chest Physicians
- Member, American College of Physicians