Abubakr Chaudhry, MD
Abubakr Chaudhry, MD is a third generation physician. Growing up, he watched his father connect with his patients on a personal level and truly care for their wellbeing and health. This commitment to his patients is what Dr. Chaudhry strives for in his own care for his patients. Individualized, compassionate care means that he strives to make sure that his patient’s voice is heard, that all of their questions and concerns are addressed and that as a team, he and his patient develop a care plan to help maximize the patient’s health.
Dr. Chaudhry enjoys pursuing research that will advance the future of pulmonary care. His work has been presented at national conferences and published in premier academic journals. His clinical and research interests include pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary vascular diseases, interstitial lung diseases and interventional pulmonary medicine. His expertise includes specialized procedures including navigational bronchoscopy and endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS). He is currently the Medical Director of Clinical Education at Northside Hospital’s Atlanta, Cherokee and Forsyth locations. He is also the Medical Director of the Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing Program at Northside Hospital.
When Dr. Chaudhry is not treating patients, he studies mixed martial arts and participates in triathlons.
- Tri-Campus Medical Director of Clinical Education – Northside Hospital Network 2019-Current
- Medical Director of Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing – Northside Hospital Network 2018-Current
- Clinical Assistance Professor, Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University 2018-Current
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, University Hospitals Cleveland Ohio 2016-2017
- Fellowship, Pulmonary & Critical Care, Emory University, Georgia
- Researcher, Pulmonary Vascular Diseases, Pulmonary Hypertension, Emory University, Georgia
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Florida
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Health Sciences, Allama Iqbal Medical College, Pakistan
- Board Certified, Pulmonary Medicine
- Board Certified, Internal Medicine
- Board Certified, Critical Care Medicine
- Member, American Federation for Medical Research
- Member, Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Member, American College of Chest Physicians
- Member, American Thoracic Society
- Gold Medal Recipient – Field of Surgery – Allama Iqbal Medical College
- Resident Teaching Award, University of Miami
- SAFMR/SSCI Trainee Research Travel Award